Monday, July 2, 2012

See the world you live in..

My most favorite thing to do in the world?  Travel.  I love to travel.  To see the world and experiencing new cultures.  To see the results of human creativity across the world influenced by their own unique cultural perspective.  Personally, I feel people don't travel enough.  In my opinion, everybody should make traveling a priority in their lives.  I know it can be expensive, but traveling doesn't have to be spontaneous (though mine mostly are ;) )  however, nothing is impossible if you plan.


Why should you take my advice? well before the age of twelve, I had been to dozens of Safaris, travelled to at least four Continents and relocated halfway across the world.  Baaam!..but seriously the joys of travel and the early exposure to diverse cultures have greatly influenced my background and my personality.  My family loves to travel, whether its a last minute plan to go on a drive and explore the city we live in or a drive by the beautiful hills in our neighborhood or a planned family vacation to a foreign land.  Since I was a little girl I've been accustomed to traveling.  These travels introduced to me an early exposure to a wide range of diverse cultures.  People's ways of life other than my own,  human creativity at its best.  Whether its to experience life in the outskirts of Africa, where people have made a beautiful organic living without electricity for centuries amidst the breath-taking views of the african savanna or to experience the bustling city of Paris, France aka "La Ville-Lumière", city of lights, in which you can  experience a beautiful fusion of the old parisian life with the flourishing 21st century.

My latest travel was a lovely mother-daughter vacation to the beautiful Kerala, known to locals as "Gods own country." At first, my mom and I were a bit vary since only the two of us could fit long term traveling into our schedule, so we debated between traveling or staying in and going somewhere local for a weekend retreat with most of the family.  We were doubtful to travel abroad especially since we never really had a vacation with just the two of us.  Usually we either travel as a family or at least with most of our family, this was the first time just two members out of our family of six were traveling to a foreign land.  And let me tell you its the best thing we could have done.  Once we came to our conclusion of going, we got in touch with Crossways Travel & Tours Inc., if you are thinking of travel to a foreign place through an agency, then I recommend them with flying colors.  They planned a vacation packet fit for queens for us.  Honestly, they catered to our every need..from day one they had assigned a private car and driver ready to take us where ever we chose..completely dependent on our flexibility, which is helpful because my mother and I are very spontaneous people.  They planned a traveling itinerary including everything we had asked them we wanted out our trip to south india to even more event and places that went above and beyond our expectations.  They simply blew our minds, We couldn't have asked for a better itinerary or agency.  

But enough talking, lets share PICTURES!! since pictures speak a thousand words right? lol o.O
I have gazillion pictures from our trip so let me just share some highlights from our mind-blowing trip..

We first landed in New Delhi..this was the beautiful hotel we stayed at...they booked with the best SERVICE and food ever! I wish we had taken a picture of the shower..it was like a full body massage lol loved it!  

 Enjoyed some fresh coconut juice by a street vendor..


 Saw the beautiful Qutb minar...breathtaking views and mind blowing history...



This was the main reason we wanted to land in delhi first...to see the beautiful delhi akshardham :)


Then our tour of south india began...here some of the awesome hotels we stayed at..no complaints best service ever...spas, pools, diverse menus, friendly customer services ..you name it..


Say hello to the hotel in cohin...great location, right in the city..near all the best restaurants, shopping malls, and best natural harbors..


Moving on to the beautiful, breath-taking munar..


 This was the view from our hotel room...the place was simply heaven...green hills, low population with all facilities, wonderful weather...just pure heaven



From my previous post...you know I love tea..so ofcourse we went tea tasting! 

Destination numbero tres..Thekkedy!  again a wonderful stay!

we enjoyed a spice plantation tour while riding a..you guessed it an ELEPHANT! my first elephant ride ever! mind blown!  this is the view from the top of the elephant :) his name was shintu!

 Mommy and I on Shintu the elephant!



here are a few out the bazillion gazillion pictures I took...enjoy! 


Got to see my very first world famous south indian cultural show...

Yupe we stayed on an houseboat!..thats our houseboat..so relaxing...




private boat ride..

Divine sunset view...


I wish I could share all my pictures...maybe i'll keep updating this post over time..and in time maybe i'll feel like I've capture the essence of our trip...but in short..we had a great time, met great people, and overall it just added to our love of traveling..next time we are planning to go to south america! Rio de Janeiro, Brazil here we come! =D


No comments:

Post a Comment